It is the policy of Ergon, Inc. and all its subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies, to conduct business in a socially responsible and ethical manner that protects the environment. Our goal is to be a leader by emphasizing and encouraging innovative and creative solutions and continually improving our environmental performance.
- Integrate environmental regulations without regard to the degree of enforcement.
- Comply with all environmental regulations without regard to the degree of enforcement.
- Participate in the development of environmental legislation, regulation or policy issues that may significantly impact our business. Work actively with appropriate government agencies to ensure timely, reasonable, and cost effective solutions for issues.
- Follow relevant standards, good engineering practices and risk management principles to ensure Ergon’s environmental protection activities are conducted responsibly.
- Ensure proper resources are available to comply with this policy.
- Conserve company and natural resources by careful management of emissions and discharges and by minimizing waste generation.
- Ensure conformity with this policy and continual improvement by a comprehensive compliance program, including audits and the development and review of performance indicators.
- Post this policy at individual company locations so that is available to employees and to the general public . Employees are responsible for the compliance with all policies, procedures, practices, and laws applicable to their duties. Accordingly, employees who are unsure of the legal or regulatory implications of their actions must seek management or supervisory guidance.
The Vice President of Environmental, Health, and Safety will recommend policy changes on environmental matters, direct the development of programs and guidelines to ensure implementation, provide specialized services relating to environmental matters, and address the effectiveness of programs for ensuring compliance with this policy.